The Missions Committee would like to thank those who contributed cereal boxes for Bible School and Helping Harvest. We also provided Helping Harvest with a check for $1,100 which will allow them to purchase $22,000 worth of food.
From the Nurture Committee
Sunday, December 2, 5–7 pm
Come and enjoy the season with us! As in past years, we’ll do some community service projects first, followed by games, and food with a Southern flair.
Santa’s Workshop will be open again where kids can shop for Mom and Dad and have their gifts wrapped.
This year, our service projects will be:
- Wrapping books for some of the kids in the Reading School district.
- Making cookies for the Hope Rescue Mission
- Writing Christmas cards for the Hope Rescue Mission and the Shut-Ins
Our meal has a Southern theme, and we’ll provide the main course of fried chicken, ham, and applesauce. What can you bring?:
- A side dish or dessert (with Southern flair?)
- Cookies that we can package for the residents at Hope Rescue Mission
- Extra Christmas cards that we can address for our shut-ins and the men at the Mission
So, set aside these two wonderful hours to join your church family in preparing for our Lord’s birth. This simple evening is filled with laughter and fellowship.